Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The start of a new month, Sept.

It's the 2nd month of an assignment-free holiday for me, so I really hope that I can really enjoy my 3 months worth of assignment-free holidays as much as I can... hehez

On the very 1st day of this month which is yesterday, I brought my mom to the "Jusco Cheras Selatan" shopping mall in Balakong... because she wanted her new bought handbag to be fixed or something (can't really remember).

Anyways, after that... we then had our dinner in Food & Tea Hong Kong' outlet. My mom ordered a HK-style claypot dish (costs RM 7.90) while I ordered 'Cheese baked rice with Chicken Chop' (costs RM 12.30) , which is my most preferred 'cheese baked rice with meat' dish. lol


> 'Cheese baked rice with Chicken Chop'. Looks CHEESI-LICIOUS!^^

As for the side order, me and my mom ordered ordered a quick tasty appetizer which is 'man tao' (bite-sized pieces of crispy bread buns), that's served with a mixture of sweet and sour crab meat (Costs RM 3.80).


> 'Man tao' with sweet and sour crab meat.

For drinks, both of us ordered a freshly made 'Iced lemon tea', which costs RM 4.20 a pop, and I'll definitely recommend you guys to try this drink out, because it really is a cooling and refreshing drink! =)


> Freshly made 'Iced lemon tea'
. Ahhh, really refreshing indeed! ^^

After all that, we then went back home around 7 pm-ish.

Well... since now's the month of September, 1 of the many occasions that has already started in this month is the 'Mid-Autumn Festival' (sometimes referred to as the Lantern Festival or Mooncake Festival), and the traditional food of this festival is the mooncake, of which there are many different varieties. They're usually eaten in small wedges, and is normally accompanied by Chinese tea.


> An example of 1 of the many different types of moon cakes.

I really hope that all of my Chinese friends and their family members will gather to admire the bright-mid autumn harvest moon, and eat mooncakes and pomeloes together in a peaceful surrounding. ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below are the pictures of The 'Mid-Autumn Festival' decorations in the
"Jusco Cheras Selatan" shopping mall, that I took using my HP's camera.







That's all I've to say for now. I'll be updating my blog with more updates soon! See ya, and I'm wishing that all of my dear Chinese friends will have a memorable and enjoyable 'Mid-Autumn Festival'! ^^

No comments: